Intake & Eligibility
Where to begin?
In order to receive service from DCBDD, the person needing support must live in Delaware County and meet the eligibility criteria established by the Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities to qualify for services.
- For children under two years old, you can begin the process by contacting the Toll-Free Help Me Grow Referral Line at 800.755.4769.
- For individuals three years of age and older, you can begin the process by contacting DCBDD's Intake & Eligibility Department at 740.201.3601 or email@example.com.
To get started, click here to download our Eligibility Introduction packet.
What are the steps to determining eligibility?
Step 1: Diagnosis Verification
A developmental disability is defined as a severe chronic disability that:
- Is attributable to a mental and/or physical impairment that is not solely caused by mental illness
- Manifested before the age of 22
- Is likely to continue indefinitely
Step 2: Administration of Determination Instrument/Assessments
Eligibility criteria varies by age. Please click on the age groups below to determine eligibility requirements.
Step 3: For persons ages three and older, please submit the following documents for eligibility determination:
- Referral for Eligibility Determination
- Copy of birth certificate
- Copy of social security card
- Copies of the Individual Education Plan (IEP) and Evaluation Team Report (ETR) or recent psychological evaluation
- Any other diagnostic information
- Copy of guardianship or adoption papers if applicable
To determine if you or your loved one is eligible for services, please submit all requested information above to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail them to:
C/O Intake & Eligibility
7991 Columbus Pike
Lewis Center, OH 43035
When is eligibility determined?
Eligibility will be determined within 45 calendar days after all the required information has been received.
What happens if I am found eligible?
Once a person is determined eligible for services, they will be assigned to a service and support administrator (SSA). The SSA will meet with the individual and family/support team to discuss the needs. Together, the team will develop a plan of support for the eligible individual.
When is eligibility re-determined?
Eligibility determinations can be initiated at any time. Reassessments with the Ohio Eligibility Determination Instrument (COEDI/OEDI) will occur at ages six, 16, and as determined by the Director of Support Administration.
What if I have more questions about eligibility?
For questions regarding eligibility for children birth to three, please call the Toll-Free Help Me Grow Referral Line at 800.755.4769. For more information, click here.
For questions regarding eligibility for individuals three years of age and older, please contact DCBDD's Intake and Eligibility department at email@example.com, or by phone at 740.201.3601.
For additional information regarding eligibility, please refer to the Eligibility Policy.